LIC has recently launched its repository services named as LIC e-Services. This service will provide lots of facilities to the customer who will opt for these services. As per the IRDAI guideline every insurance company must provide policies in demat form by themself or through collaboration with other repository services.
LIC e-Services will provide many online facility to customers like:
- Online Payment
- Policy Status
- Loan Status
- Claim Status
- Nominee and Assignment status
- Benefit illustration
- Revival Quotations
- Registration of complaint
- Policy and proposal images
- Policy conditions and many others.
Almost all the inquiry related to policies can be done throughÂ LIC e-Services, and few more may be added later on. LIC has already issued guideline related to this in all its offices.
Who can register forÂ LIC e-Services
Every existing policy holder of LIC of India can register for these services, which is free for policy holder. Customer who are already registered to LIC portal can directly register themself by using 3 simple step. Policy holders who are still not registered to LIC portal will have to enroll their policy first, there after they can register for theÂ LIC e-Services by following 3 steps available at the lending page after login to portal. InÂ LIC e-Services one can only register for policies taken on his/her name or the minor children. Policy on name of spouse cannot be register together now and may have to register separately.
How to register forÂ LIC e-Services
LIC has made the registration process very simple. It can be done through LIC portal or through branch. Customer who are already registered to LIC portal will be able to register from portal itself.
How to register forÂ LIC e-Services through LIC Portal
An existing policy holder who is loging in for the first time after launch of these services will see a different lending page. Screen shot is provided below.
- You will get the welcome message by LIC of India regarding the services. Below that you can see three option which are already given by the LIC on the lending page. Policy holders who have already enrolled their policies will have to click on the registration form. It will open a new page will show your policies which can be enrolled with policies of your minor children, if enrolled.
- Check all the policies and provide details of any of KYC mentioned in the form ie PAN Card, Adhar Card or Passport. submit the form and take a print out of it.
- Sign it at provided space and scan the signed form and upload it using link given at step 3 with the KYC document you mentioned in the registration form.
- This form will be manually verified by the LIC official. After successful verification registration process will be over. Till then link at step 3 will show you status of your registration and your registration number.
Policy holder who are still not registered on LIC Portal have to register themself first. To register on LIC Portal follow this link. You will see the following screen
Register yourself first, and then you can add all your policies later on using Enroll Policies option, it is Â given under Â the tab e-Services tool. Then simply follow above mentioned steps to register for LIC e-Services.
How to register forÂ LIC e-Services through LIC Branch
If you are buying a new LIC policy and you have already registered on LIC Portal, then your policy can be directly register for LIC e-Services. All you have to mention one of your policy number which is already enrolled on LIC portal and give your consent for LIC e-Service in proposal form or addendum (To download the addendum, please click here) provided by LIC. Policy bond will be issued to customer on priority basis and images of proposal form will be available in the portal also.